V IBERIAN CONGRESS OF ACTUARIES
The Instituto dos Actuários Portugueses, in conjunction with the Instituto de Actuarios Españoles, Col·legi d’Actuaris de Catalunya, and the Euskal Herriko Actuarioen Elkargoa, are organizing the V Iberian Congress of Actuaries, due to be held in Lisbon from 6th – 7th June 2016.
The aim of the congress is to act as a meeting point for professionals, academics, researchers and supervisors from the sector, and is open to all those engaged in actuarial fields, finance and risk management. Moreover, our prime goal at this congress is to provide a forum to present new ideas on the subject which can help to both further and enrich the profession in which we operate.
The key areas under the spotlight in this congress are listed in the following item. This list of topics, by no means exhaustive, under discussion in the event will include:
Suggested Topics for V IBERIAN CONGRESS OF ACTUARIES:
- ORSA (Own Risk Self Assessment)
- Solvency II
- Reform of the Public Pensions Systems
- Technical Actuarial Standards
- Role of CD Pension Plans on pensions financing
- Flexible Benefits
- Loss reserving and capital adequacy
- Insurance pricing and optimization
- Reinsurance and risk transfer
- Risk management
- Natural hazards, disaster, catastrophe risks and pricing
- Capital management, allocation and pricing
- Dividend theory and practice
- Longevity, health, critical illness and employment insurance
- Risk theory
- Copulas: theory and applications
- Extreme value statistics
- Life and pension insurance mathematics
- Mathematical Finance with Applications in Insurance
THE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE SEEKS PAPERS ON THE ABOVE TOPICS. PLEASE GO TO CALL FOR PAPERS >
We are glad to have insured already three Top level personalities:
- Prof. José Almaça, President of ASF, (the Portuguese Supervisory Authority).
- Prof. Jean Lemaire, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, ( Statistics, Actuarial Sciences and Business Economics and Public Policy).
- Dr. Alfred Gohdes, (Head of Standards Committee of the IAA).
- Rui Cardoso, Chairman
- Alfredo Egídio dos Reis
- Onofre Simões
- Flávio Castro
- Mercè Claramunt
- J. Iñaki De La Peña Esteban
- Rafael Moreno
- António Heras
- José Manuel Mendinhos, Chairman, IAP
- Nélia Câmara, IAP
- Luis María Sáez de Jáuregui
- Amancio Betzuen Zalbidegoitia